On October 2, 2014, the UWF Historic Trust opened “Voices of Pensacola” presented by Gulf Power, a multicultural resource center highlighting the city’s diverse history. Through a $605,000 gift from Gulf Power Company and Southern Company, the UWF Historic Trust transformed one of it's downtown properties, previously known as the Beacon Building, into Voices of Pensacola. Voices of Pensacola features a state of the art, high definition and surround sound theater.
The Voices of Pensacola Multicultural Center is operated by the UWF - Historical Trust. It is open to the general public free of charge Tues thru Sat 10 am - 4 pm.
Pensacola Cinema Art is happy to bring art house films to downtown Pensacola
which was made possible with the support of the Voices of Pensacola and the UWF - Historical Trust.
The building for Voices of Pensacola, located at 117 East Government St. in downtown Pensacola (across from Seville Quarter), was built in 1912 by S. F. Fulgham & Co. for D. Kugelman & Co., a wholesale grocer. Since then, it has housed several other wholesale grocers, wholesale liquor companies and the Pensacola Cigar and Tobacco Co. The Pensacola Historical Society purchased the building in 1990, renaming it in honor of G. Norman Simons, the society’s deceased curator and well-respected local historian.
For additional information about Voices of Pensacola, contact UWF Historic Trust at 850.595.5985 or visit www.historicpensacola.org.
Pensacola Cinema Art
117 East Government St.
Pensacola, FL 32502